In this special WikiGod bonus episode, David Fitch wikiis God with us about his new book, Faithful Presence: Seven Disciplines That Shape the Church for Mission.
David talks about how the world is longing for presence and how God wants to be present by the church. But that means Jesus-people need a practice to make space for the presence of God as we become present to others. There are seven disciplines to make this a possibility - disciplines that can be cultivated in all the circles where we find ourselves.
David talks about:
- Eucharist happening where we don't even know it yet,
- tending to the presence of Christ,
- the seven disciplines,
- the disciplines as "social sacraments,"
- the close, porous, and half-circles of our lives,
- mutual submission as the core of the Christian walk,
- the non-hierarchical nature of the church,
- how presence is different from faithful presence.
"Like" WikiGod to get updates on Facebook.
Follow WikiGod on Twitter.
Leave a comment, voice message, or direct email via the WikiGod website.