This week, Mark wikiis God with Dion Oxford, longtime Toronto anti-poverty advocate and founder of The Salvation Army Gateway downtown men's shelter and Causeway.
Dion talks to Mark about:
- how a young man's life changed when he became friends with "those people,"
- being frustrated with the church while deeply loving it;
- the important difference between judging and criticizing;
- intentional decisions around eliminating feelings of "us and them;"
- how ministry should not and cannot be one-sided;
- how the world can only make sense in a God-paradigm;
- how our lives are a mingling of wounding and blessing.
For a free resource - a transcript of the each upcoming guest-episode's quotes - head over to www.wikigodpod.com/mailinglist!
Follow Up This Week's Guest
Read Dion's blog: dionoxford.com/
Get involved at The Salvation Army Gateway: thegateway.ca/
Get involved with Causeway: thecauseway.ca/
"Like" WikiGod to get updates on Facebook.
Follow WikiGod on Twitter.
Leave a comment, voice message, or direct email via theWikiGod website.